Frequently Asked Questions
What is a massage like?
Your therapist will review your health history prior to your session and inform you of what to expect during your session. Each individual is unique; therefore no two sessions are alike. Each time you participate in massage you will experience it differently. If it is your first time you will need to allow for additional time in your schedule. We take pride in offering you a safe environment in which to experience massage and your comfort and health concerns are important. We listen to your needs and individual concerns relating to your well being.
How long is a typical massage?
The typical massage is between 1 and 2 hours in duration. An ideal time frame for most people who are of average body type is 1.5 hours. This allows plenty of time for a comprehensive approach to your physical and emotional needs. If you are athletic (such as a professional athlete), 2 hours is recommended.
Do I have to undress?
We highly recommend undressing fully to receive the full benefit of the massage. However, each client may undress to their comfort level. You do not need to undress for Chair, Sports Massage or Reiki.
Do I have to be draped?
Yes, Our therapist are educated in professional draping techniques. You will never be exposed during your massage session; draping is provided for your comfort and ours.
Do you offer on site massage?
The Route 10 Body Shoppe provides chair massage at special events such as bridal parties, conferences, local sporting events, and your place of business.
What is The Route 10 Body Shoppe like?
- A calm atmosphere
- A warmed Massage table with fleece padding,100% cotton sheets.
- Soothing music delivered by Bose electronics.
- A towel warmer provides hot moist towels for removing excess massage oils.
- A valet station keeps your clothing wrinkle free.
Where do I park?
- In the front main entrance or parallel to carport area.
- Additional parking is available during seminars and educational events.
Do I knock on the door or just come in?
- We provide a comfortable reception room where you can have a seat and enjoy the relaxing music prior to your session. There is usually no wait time, however if it is your first visit you will need to complete a health history form prior to your session.